Contact person: Nikos Andreopoulos
Creation of a social networking platform for a systemic approach to Mental Health.
“Better MH for a better society (and vice versa)”
- Mental disorders tend to become the main modern health problem not only due to their spread in the population but also because of their interaction with a number of areas of social and economic life and their relationship with the physical and mental health of individuals.
- The mainstream approach in the field of Mental Health is characterized by a fragmented, occasional and symptomatic treatment.
- A systemic approach (*) offers significant opportunities for change and effective intervention. Due to the nature of the field, the possibility of active participation of individuals and entities is a condition of change and a prerequisite for a successful transformation.
- Due to the universal dimension of the field, only the evolution of modern communication and networking technologies can create the background for the development of a systemic approach.
- MENTALWORLD: A Social Networking Platform for Mental Health
The MENTALWORLD context is inspired by a series of collective actions presented in this site.
“MENTALWORLD”, temporarily hosted here, aspires to open and promote a discussion aimed at enriching and organizing the initiative.
Join the discussion at Twitter and LinkedIn
To join the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*) Systemic approach: A specific application of “information entropy” to the probabilities of particular microstates of a system occurring in order to produce a particular macrostate.
The systemic approach to the field of Mental Health is not limited to the structured description and correlation with the factors that interact. Statistics or…