Contact person: Nikos Andreopoulos
Creation of a social networking platform for a systemic approach to Mental Health.
“Better MH for a better society (and vice versa)”
- Mental disorders tend to become the main modern health problem not only due to their spread in the population but also because of their interaction with a number of areas of social and economic life and their relationship with the physical and mental health of individuals.
- The mainstream approach in the field of Mental Health is characterized by a fragmented, occasional and symptomatic treatment.
- A systemic approach (*) offers significant opportunities for change and effective intervention. Due to the nature of the field, the possibility of active participation of individuals and entities is a condition of change and a prerequisite for a successful transformation.
- Due to the universal dimension of the field, only the evolution of modern communication and networking technologies can create the background for the development of a systemic approach.
- MENTALWORLD: A Social Networking Platform for Mental Health
The MENTALWORLD context is inspired by a series of collective actions presented in this site.
“MENTALWORLD”, temporarily hosted here, aspires to open and promote a discussion aimed at enriching and organizing the initiative.
Join the discussion at Twitter and LinkedIn
To join the team: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*) Systemic approach: A specific application of “information entropy” to the probabilities of particular microstates of a system occurring in order to produce a particular macrostate.
ACTIVE LIVING FOR MENTAL HEALTH: A SYNOPSIS AND A COLLECTION OF BIBLIOGRAPHY Active Living for Mental Health (ALMH) is a constantly expanding approach
A personal testimony on the development of the ALMH movement The contribution and incorporation of Sports, Physical Activity and Exercise in the wider context of
The systemic approach to the field of Mental Health is not limited to the structured description and correlation with the factors that interact. Statistics or